The Records Division is responsible for all of the ‘paper’ functions of the Office. Sheriff’s deputies prepare approximately 3000-3500 reports each year. The deputies also write hundreds of traffic citations every year. The Records division takes responsibility for filing and maintaining these records.

The Records Division is also responsible for handling thousands of civil and criminal process ‘papers’ which are served to Lincoln County residents by deputies.

These clerks are tasked with the job of performing all records checks and paperwork pertaining to Carry Concealed Weapons applications, as well as updating all mandatory reporting to various agencies. The Records Division is also tasked with compiling all the accounts receivable and accounts payable paperwork and making sure the original along with three copies are delivered to the County Courthouse monthly for payment.

Records Staff:

Administrative Manager Jodi Mauzy (Email Jodi)
Clerk Geanine Mudd (Email Geanine)
Clerk Kim Mergenthal (Email Kim)


Q: What are normal business hours for the Records Division?

A: Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (except holidays).

Q: How do I get a copy of a police report?
A: You can either send a written request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope and a $7.50 draft for processing to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office or you may come to the office during normal business hours and request a copy at the window.

Q: How long should I wait to request a copy of a report?
A: Reports usually take 7-10 business days to be completed.

Q: What types of reports are available for release?
A: Reports that are not available for release are those that are closed or cases that are under investigation. Also our office cannot release any type of report that has been or will be forwarded to the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office or the Juvenile Office.

Q: If my car has been towed where do I need to go?
A: Before you go to the towing service you need to come to the Records Division office and get a release form to give to the towing service. However, we do request that you call, (636) 528-8546, before coming because the release form has to be signed by the reporting officer before we can give you the release form. Once the release form is completed we will need to make a copy of the title and/or registration stating whose name the vehicle is in.

Q: How do I obtain a Concealed Carry (CCW) permit?
A: To apply for a concealed weapons permit, you may apply at any time during regular business hours. After you have passed the written and live fire range course with a certified instructor, you must bring the following:

  • A copy (or original) of your student certificate signed by your instructor.
  • Original Safety Instructor Qualification Form signed by your instructor.
  • For first time applicants, $100.00 cash, money order or cashier’s check made payable to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Revolving Fund.
  • For renewals, $50 cash, money order or cashier’s check made payable to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Revolving Fund.
  • Application found here CCW Application Fillable Form
  • Driver’s license

If residents opting to use the online payment option can follow these steps:

Log onto:

  1. Under “Enter your 4-digit Pay Location Code (PLC) #: Enter “8097” and click Continue
  2. Typing in your First and Last Name (Required Fields)
  3. Under “Reason for Payment” enter “CCW” and click continue (leave “Case #” blank)
  4. Verify your information and click “Continue”
  5. Add in your payment amount, click “Continue”
  6. Enter your payment and billing information and click “Continue.”
  7. Bring a copy of your paid receipt with your application.

Q: I need a record check because I am applying for a new job or an apartment, where do I need to go?
A: If you need a records check done on yourself you need to bring a $10.00 money order made payable to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office to the Jail Division of the Sheriff’s Office. Pick up the black phone on the wall and tell them you need to get a record check. We will then request a picture I.D. to complete the check.

Q: I need a copy of my bond receipt, where do I go?
A: You need to go to the Jail Division of the Sheriff’s Office, pick up the black phone on the wall and tell them you need to get a copy of your bond receipt.