Goal 1: Enhance services to crime victims and surviving family members.
- Objective 1.1: Develop a training program for Victims Advocates and Crisis Intervention Team Members.
- Objective 1.2: Develop a more comprehensive protocol for responding to domestic violence incidents.
- Objective 1.3: Expand on training of first responders to domestic violence incidents.
- Objective 1.4: Enhance CIT training for all LCSO first responders.
Goal 2: Utilize intelligence-driven policing strategies to reduce Violent Crime and Property Crime at or below the average for the past five-years.
- Objective 2.1: Maintain an active Crime Analyst function using intelligence- driven policing strategies, including real-time crime analysis to deploy resources to the areas most needed.
- Objective 2.2: Strengthen Community-Policing efforts for more collaboration between the public and police to fight crime.
- Objective 2.3: Improve coordination & information sharing among all law enforcement partners to build better cases and improved response times to critical incidents.
- Objective 2.4: Optimize available resources by using technology as a force multiplier.
- Objective 2.5: Introduce the social network approach to post-release engagement with high-risk offenders to decrease recidivism.
Goal 3: Introduce strategies to lower overdose deaths to zero in five years reducing the harmful effects of drug abuse for the individual, the family, and the community.
- Objective 3.1: Focus investigative efforts on disrupting the supply and distribution of illegal narcotics most likely to cause overdose deaths such as fentanyl, heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine by increasing the likelihood of arrest and prosecution.
- Objective 3.2: Engage with persons known to be suffering from substance abuse and assist them in identifying treatment and support services.
- Objective 3.3: Focus on criminals associated with drug-related violence and other crimes.
- Objective 3.4: Ensure all LCSO employees have training in naloxone administration and make naloxone available to all first responders.
Goal 4: Improving roadway safety to reduce traffic fatalities to zero in five years.
- Objective 4.1: Increase high visibility traffic enforcement with the following emphasis areas: Occupant Protection, Distracted Driving, Impaired Driving, Speed and Aggressive Driving.
- Objective 4.2: Develop traffic offender program to educate first-time or repeat offenders on the risks and societal impacts of poor driving decisions.
- Objective 4.3: Promote Community Engagement Traffic Safety Programs such as “Buckle Up Phone Down”.
- Objective 4.4: Prioritize safe driving program as an Internal LCSO Initiative.
- Objective 4.5: Education: Promote Traffic Safety Programs focusing on Teen Driver, Older Drivers, Pedestrians and other Non-Motorized Users.
- Objective 4.6: Public Information: Provide critical highway safety information through social media such as traffic crash facts.
Goal 5: Achieve 100% staffing to meet the level of public service needs by demonstrating a commitment to Employee Wellness and Professional Development.
- Objective 5.1: Review and update the training program to ensure employees’ fitness for duty and improve performance.
- Objective 5.2: Strengthening the workforce by developing a plan to require time for training.
- Objective 5.3 Develop a comprehensive recruitment and retention plan.
- Objective 5.4: Establish Peer Support System.
- Objective 5.5: Invest in the spiritual health of LCSO staff through a Chaplain program.
- Objective 5.6: Create a leadership training program.
- Objective 5.7: Establish formal career mentorship program.
- Objective 5.8: Establish a performance evaluation system.
Goal 6: Building Partnerships and Community Trust
- Objective 6.1: Prioritize resources aligned with the unique needs of concentrated neighborhoods across all of Lincoln County.
- Objective 6.2: Update community policing strategies organization wide.
- Objective 6.3: Invest in a Body-Worn Camera (BWC) program to improve officer safety and ensure accountability.
- Objective 6.4: Educate the community on misconduct reporting and processes.
- Objective 6.5: Increase accessibility of crime data to the public.